Believe in the spirit of sharing.
Believe we are what we are because of those around us.
– Maasai Proverb
Volunteering at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History and Sea Center provides a great service to the community. Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Museum and Sea Center; their contributions of time and talent are essential to our visitor experience. Volunteers help us share the passion for the natural world.
While being a volunteer is one of the best ways to give to others, you will also find that volunteering is one of the most enriching and dynamic things you can do for yourself! Volunteering at the Museum and Sea Center gives you:
- memorable moments
- an outlet for your natural talents to shine
- new skills
- opportunities to meet new friends
- education and training about natural history from Museum and community experts
- discounts at the Museum and Sea Center stores
- savings on events, programs, classes and workshops
- free admission to the Museum and Sea Center
You also have a choice of volunteering opportunities at the Museum and Sea Center.
Become a Museum Docent and share your enthusiasm for nature with visiting school children.
Join the Sea Crew and serve as an exhibit interpreter and help visitors discover the wonders of the ocean.
Be a Museum Volunteer and work behind-the-scenes at special events, with curators, or as part of the summer show exhibit interpretation.
No experience is necessary, and the Museum and Sea Center will provide the training.
To become a…