2 Attractions for 2 Days for 1 Low Price
Save 20% to 25% when you get the SB Nature Pass. Discover nature at your leisure with a visit to both the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History and Ty Warner Sea Center for two consecutive days for one low price! To get your SB Nature Pass, just ask a Visitor Services Representative at either the Museum or Sea Center.
AT THE MUSEUM
The Owl & the Woodpecker
Opens October 13, 2012
at the Museum
Now open at the Sea Center
- Climb boulders, build a fort, search for critters, make madpies, as you discover The Museum Backyard.
- Hike the Nature Trail and explore the riparian habitat along Mission Creek shaded by majestic oak trees.
- Take a virtual trip into outer space in the Gladwin Planetarium.
- Have HOOT at the Museum. Enjoy these special exhibitions.
- The Owl & the Woodpecker: Photographs by Paul Bannick (October 13, 2012-April 28, 2013): Award-winning photographer and environmental conservationist Paul Bannick examines the intertwined life histories of owls and woodpeckers and the unique role they have played in defining and enriching their often-threatened habitats. Based on Bannick’s critically acclaimed book of the same title, The Owl & the Woodpecker: Encounters with North America’s Most Iconic Birds, this beautiful exhibit explores North America’s most specialized species of owls and woodpeckers and the ecosystems upon which these birds.
AT THE SEA CENTER
- Enter the mesmerizing world of JELLIES and watch these elegant animals as they undulate, pulse, and move gracefully through the water.
- Come face-to-face with sharks and even touch a shark through a guided encounter at the Shark Tank.
- See the power and wonder of the ocean from the inside out as you go through a tunnel in the 1,500-gallon tidepool tank.
- Bring a picnic lunch or snack and enjoy the tranquility along Mission Creek at the Museum or the majesty of the Pacific Ocean outside the Sea Center on Stearns Wharf.
- Parking at the Museum is free. Parking for the Sea Center is on Stearns Wharf, and the first 90 minutes is free with ticket validation.
- To get your SB Nature Pass, just ask a Visitor Services Representative at either the Museum or Sea Center.
- Go Car-Free to the Museum. MTD Bus Line 22 drops you off in front of the Museum of Natural History. Plus, the Botanic Garden is just up the hill from the Museum, and the Old Mission is just around the corner.
COST (a savings of 20% to 25% which includes general admission to both the Museum of Natural History and the Sea Center and includes entrance to the special exhibits)
- Adult $16
- Senior $11
- Teen $11
- Child $9
- Not valid with any other offer. Excludes special events such as the annual Santa Barbara Wine Festival and annual Santa Barbara ArtWalk. Photo ID requiried.