School admission rates are available to public, private, and home schools by reservation. Please call the Museum or Sea Center to make your reservation.
|SCHOOL FEES (Effective August 19, 2013)
Fees, Terms & Conditions:
- All field trips run for 2 hours, with a fee of $100 per class.
- Payment must be received two weeks prior to visit in order to secure reservation.
- Per class fee includes 1 free adult for every 5 students. Additional adults must pay.
- Additional Adults $8 per adult at the Museum, $6.50 per adult at the Sea Center.
Field Trip Programs
Enjoy an interactive morning. Each class can choose from two of the following school programs when booking a field trip to the Museum:
- Museum Tour per class
- Discovery Lab
- Outdoor Nature Exploration
- Planetarium (maximum capacity, 44)
Arrival and Departure
- Buses must arrive 30 minutes early. This prevents traffic delays and gives students a chance to use the restrooms before starting their visit.
- Buses will pick up students in front of the Museum at 12:30PM.
Museum Access Fund:
If 50% or more of you students qualify for free or reduced lunch under California State Law, you may qualify for financial assistance. To apply, click on the link. MAF
To make your School Group Reservation please call:
- Museum: 805-682-4711 ext. 108
- Sea Center: 805-962-2526 ext. 108
|GROUP RATES (Effective November 1, 2012)
|Terms & Conditions:
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is requried at booking to secure your reservation.
- Space is limited and reduced group rates for admission to the Museum and Sea Center is available to groups of 10 or more by reservation only.
- Reservations must be made one week PRIOR to your visit.
- If Museum Members are included in the group of 10 or more they are required to pay group rate.
- Groups must pay as a group in one transaction.
- Admission to the Planetarium is NOT included in the group rate admission. Plantarium tickets cost $4 per person PLUS Museum admission.
Museum Group Rates (Determined on a per person basis):
- Child (ages 2–12) $5 per person
- Teen (ages 13-17) $6 per person
- Adult (ages 18–64) $8 per person
- Senior (age 65 and over) $6 per person
- Local college students visiting as a class assignment $8. The class list of participating students must be submitted to the Museum's School and Teacher Services Department by the professor in advance of student visits to receive discount.
Sea Center Group Rates (Determined on a per person basis):
- Child (ages 2–12) $4.50 per person
- Teen (ages 13-17) $5.50 per person
- Adult (ages 18–64) $6.50 per person
- Senior (age 65 and over) $5.50 per person
To make your Group Rate Reservation, have the following information and please call one week PRIOR to your visit.
- Number of Children (ages 2-12)
- Number of Youths (ages 13-17)
- Number of Adults
- Number of Seniors
- Date and Time
A 50% non-refundable deposit is requried at booking to secure your reservation.
- Museum 805-682-4711 ext. 108
- Sea Center 805-962-2526 ext. 108