DAY ONE: Scholarly Symposia
Friday, September 12, 2014
LOCATION: Fleischmann Auditorium at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
2559 Puesta del Sol, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
- Welcome by Luke Swetland, Museum President & CEO
- Keynote: Dr. Curtis Marean, Arizona State University
Eve in South Africa: The Emergence of Modern Humans
MORNING SESSION: THE SETTLEMENT OF THE EURASIAN CONTINENT
10:00 AM–12:30 PM
- Dr. Michael Petraglia, Oxford University
- Dr. John Shea, Stony Brook University
- Dr. Tom Higham, Oxford University
- Dr. Mark Stoneking, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
- Dr. Dan Dediu, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
LUNCH WITH THE SCIENTISTS AT THE MUSEUM
Pre-order your boxed lunch and join the scientists for lunch at the Museum. Includes choice of sandwich (Greek Salad Sandwich, Grilled Trip Tip, or Oven Roasted Turkey) with sides and beverage.
Space is limited. Cost $20.
AFTERNOON SESSION: THE SETTLEMENT OF THE PACIFIC REGION AND THE NEW WORLD
- Dr. James O’Connell, University of Utah
- Dr. Tim Denham, Australian National University
- Dr. Ted Goebel, Texas A & M University
- Dr. Johanna Nichols, University of California, Berkley
- Dr. Ripan Malhi, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
*1 Full-Day Ticket: $30 (does not include lunch);
2-Full Day Ticket: $50 (does not include lunches or dinner)
STUDENTS: 50% discount on lectures only with valid student ID.
Call 805-682-4711 ext. 170.