Sea Center volunteers are a community of people comprised of all ages, backgrounds, and professional and student expertise. If you have a passion for people, your community, and the conservation and stewardship of Santa Barbara’s local coastal waters and watersheds, then the Sea Center wants you!
We are currently seeking volunteers interested in inspiring others to appreciate the amazing habitats and creatures that live in the Santa Barbara Channel. We wouldn’t be able to provide hands-on, marine science-based education without the help of our dedicated group of volunteers who assist in all areas of the Sea Center’s programs.
Volunteering at the Sea Center is a rewarding experience with ongoing opportunities to learn more about our local marine life, meet new people, and promote ocean conservation! Benefits include:
- Advanced training opportunities
- Special field trips, events, and parties
- Research cruises, holiday events, potlucks, and much more
- Weekly updates and newsletters
- Free admission to both the Sea Center and Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
- Guest passes for family and friends
- 15% discount in the Sea Center Gift Shop and 10% discount at the Museum Gift Shop
- Savings on educational programs and classes
- Annual volunteer appreciation and recognition events
- Opportunity to meet new people and make new friends!
To find out what the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center is all about and how to get involved, please contact the Volunteer Manager or check out our current volunteer opportunities listed below.
Unfortunately, we do not have any short-term or single-opportunity volunteer positions. Please note that all volunteer positions are unpaid.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
Family and Teen Volunteer Opportunities
SHALINA NOAKES | SEA CENTER VOLUNTEER MANAGER
805-962-2526 ext. 104 or email@example.com