Position Summary: Responsible for maintain various financial records and reports, perform and processing a variety of transactions and reconciliations associated sub-ledgers and General Ledger accounts, and general accounting duties in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Under general direction and with a moderate level of independence maintain the processing of General Ledger Batches
- o Run and analyze reports, assist Development in reconciling weekly batches, and post Raisers Edge (RE) journals into Financial Edge (FE).
- o Analyze and identify needed various general ledger accounts details for necessary adjustments, create and post required GL journal entries as well as those provided by others. Create project/job codes in RE and FE as directed by department managers. Assist other departments with accounting and coding questions.
- o Create and maintain various Excel spreadsheets including analysis and reconciliation of various accounts, sales tax, Point of Sales summaries, and benefits
- o Available as needed to count, prepare and reconcile miscellaneous receipt deposits, prepare bank deposits and process miscellaneous credit card charges and refunds
- Run and prepare reports, including providing various budget, FE, reports as requested by Finance management or department managers; respond to staff inquiries, run FE for dept code and budget questions.
- Assist Finance management in preparing, importing and posting payroll and expense data batches, entering and importing budgets into Financial Edge software and related monthly financial reports
- Assist Finance management with annual audit, provide support by pulling required documents and verification for submission.
- Create museum vendor agreement documents, send to vendor for signature and track for execution, signature compliance and upload into Trustlayer system; Track Insurance via TrustLayer to verify insurance compliance in 3rd party system.
- Familiarity and ability to process Accounts Payable, count and process Daily Cash and associated worksheets; may provide support to Accounting Clerk as needed including downloading, distribute and manage Corporate credit card activity for staff coding and approval; Assist with bank reconciliations for Credit cards, camps etc. Prepare cash change fund order as needed.
- Manage 1099 filing, in FE for third party software processing, including but not limited to verifying, name, tax i.d. etc. ensures correct boxes are set up for each vendor, modify as appropriate, provide direction to accounting clerk to verify data.
- Ability to work on a weekend to assist with special events such as Tribal Marketplace and ArtWalk; complete other accounting and administrative related duties, as assigned.
- Ensures workspace clean and clear of clutter consistent with Museum performance and safety procedures.
- 5-8 years’ related Accounting and GAAP experience
- Good working knowledge of various computerized accounting programs; Excellent MS Excel, Outlook and Word skills
- Ability to work occasional overtime hours (and occasional weekend hours)
- Strong familiarity with general ledger activity and debit and credit accounts’ strong math skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, skills; interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization and externally; Team player with a positive attitude,
- Strong analytical and problem solving and project management/organization skills; ability to work with competing priorities and meet due dates from various managers
- Confidentiality, discretion and integrity
- AA in Accounting preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Financial Edge and Raisers Edge a plus
- Able to work weekend occasionally
- General office environment with occasional work throughout the Museum’s facilities (Sea Center, galleries, conference rooms, and exhibit halls) and outdoors
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing)
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs and bending with occasional lifting of light loads (30 lbs.)