Children’s Group Bookings FAQ
We are delighted to be able to offer special rates for self-guided children's and teen groups during the school year. Please note that availability for self-guided groups is limited during the school year. Please contact us early and be prepared with flexible dates if a self-guided visit is your preference.
What is a children’s “group”?
A group is defined as:
- 10–30 children and an adult ratio of 1 adult: 5 children. (Any adults over this number will be charged the regular admission price.)
Are all children’s group visits the same?
No! We offer a number of different programs for children’s groups throughout the year:
- You can book a guided field trip program during the school year, which includes a Museum lab, class or Backyard adventure. For more information on our guided Museum school field trip programs and how to book, click here.
- You can bring a group during the school year that is self-guided. These group visits are subject to scheduling availability, and times are typically available in the afternoons. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about self-guided school visits during the school year.
- You can also book a live, virtual field trip for your class during the school year. Click here to learn more about these fun, dynamic virtual field trip programs.
How much is admission for groups?
During the school year (October - early June)
- $100 per group of 10–30 children / 6 adults max
- $50 per group of 10–30 children / 6 adults max for qualifying Title I schools under our Museum Access Fund (Please contact us if you have questions about eligibility)
Note, memberships cannot be used when purchasing group admission
When do I pay admission?
We ask that admission be paid in full at least 2 weeks prior to the visit date. Book online for guided school field trip programs or contact us for other group bookings.
Is there parking available for groups?
During the school year (October–June):
- Cars can park in general parking.
- Buses can drop off in front of the Museum entrance and park in designated school bus parking spaces in our parking lot.
Can we get advanced tickets for planetarium shows?
No need! Planetarium tickets are included in the price of admission.
If you know you and your group will want to visit a special exhibition or view a planetarium show, please let us know well in advance and we may be able to help you plan your visit: email@example.com.