Admissions Guidelines (COVID-19)
The Museum’s outdoor spaces are currently open to Members with online reservations only. Reservations for the public are available starting Wed, July 8. Indoor spaces and the Sea Center remain closed.
Our Butterfly Pavilion, featuring our summer exhibit Butterflies Alive! is open with a limited number of guests at a time.
Love our butterflies? Sponsor one today to support the exhibit and Museum.
How do I visit the Museum?
- Museum admission requires advanced online reservations via sbnature.org/tickets. No tickets/reservations are available on-site.
- If you are a Member and do not know your Member number or expiration date (found on your card), please email email@example.com or call 805-682-4711 ext. 114 for assistance.
- The Museum is open from Wednesday to Sunday, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM until further notice. Last entry is at 1:00 PM.
What can I visit at the Museum?
- All outdoor areas are open. This includes the Museum Backyard, Sprague Butterfly Pavilion featuring Butterflies Alive!, and the wooded area across the creek including Coggeshawl Bowl and the Sukinanik’oy Garden.
- Our educational staff have created fun and engaging self-led, contact-free activities. Look for signs throughout the Backyard.
- The indoor galleries, Curiosity Lab, planetarium, library, and Museum Store remain closed at this time.
- We have implemented a one-way flow of movement from the Admissions Office to the outdoor spaces, through or past the Butterfly Pavilion to the Backyard, and exiting past the observatory to the parking lot. Once you have passed a location, you may not go back.
- Please review the updated campus map below (Download PDF >>)
What is required to visit the Museum?
- Do not visit if you have a cough or fever.
- Bring your online reservation confirmation with you (either printed or on a smartphone) to show at the Admissions Office.
- Everyone 3 years or older must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times while on Museum property.
- If you do not have a mask, you will not be able to enter the Museum, even if you have a reservation.
- If you remove your mask, staff will ask you to put it back on. If you refuse to wear a mask properly, you will be asked to leave.
- We have increased signage around campus with wayfinding and guidelines. Please follow all directions to make the Museum as safe as possible for everyone.
- Keep a distance of six feet from people not in your household.
- Wash your hands frequently. We have added handwashing and hand sanitizer stations all over campus.
- To protect your health, we have turned off all drinking fountains. There will be no food or drinks for sale while the Museum Store is closed. We suggest that you bring your own food and beverages to enjoy while at the Museum.
- We have spaced our outdoor dining tables and chairs to allow for ample social distancing. Please do not move them.
Despite our stringent cleaning and sanitizing protocols, we cannot control all circumstances. By entering our campuses, you acknowledge that you assume any risks associated with your visit, including but not limited to a risk of injury or illness.
Questions, comments, or concerns? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you soon!