Admissions Guidelines (COVID-19)
How do I visit the Museum?
- Museum admission requires advanced online reservations via sbnature.org/tickets.
- If you are a Member and do not know your Member number or expiration date (found on your card), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-682-4711 ext. 114 for assistance.
- The Museum's outdoor exhibits are open from Wednesday to Sunday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Indoor exhibits are temporarily closed due to county health orders.
What can I visit at the Museum?
- Outdoor exhibits spaces are open as of November 17, 2020. Our educational staff have created fun and engaging self-led, contact-free outdoor activities. Visit the exhibitions page for more information and check our calendar for special events.
- We have implemented a one-way flow of movement from the Admissions Office through the outdoor spaces, exiting past the observatory to the parking lot. Once you have passed a location, you may not go back.
- Please review the updated campus map below (Download PDF >>)
What is required to visit the Museum?
- Do not visit if you have a cough or fever.
- Bring your online reservation confirmation with you (either printed or on a smartphone) to show at the Admissions Office.
- Everyone 3 years or older must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times while on Museum property.
- If you do not have a mask, you will not be able to enter the Museum, even if you have a reservation.
- If you remove your mask, staff will ask you to put it back on. If you refuse to wear a mask properly, you will be asked to leave.
- We have increased signage around campus with wayfinding and guidelines. Please follow all directions to make the Museum as safe as possible for everyone.
- Keep a distance of six feet from people not in your household.
- Wash your hands frequently. We have added handwashing and hand sanitizer stations all over campus.
- To protect your health, we have turned off all drinking fountains. There are light snacks for sale in the Museum Store. You are welcome to bring your own food and beverages to enjoy while at the Museum.
- We have spaced our outdoor dining tables and chairs to allow for ample social distancing. Please do not move them.
How do I visit the Sea Center on Stearns Wharf?
- Admission is sold onsite, with no advanced reservations.
- You may need to stand in line to enter the Sea Center as we are limited to 25% capacity.
- There is a one-way flow of movement through our outdoor exhibits, including the Wet Deck.
- All visitors ages 3 and older must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times and keep at least six feet away from those not in their household.
- Restrooms are public and located at the south end of the Sea Center building.
Despite our stringent cleaning and sanitizing protocols, we cannot control all circumstances. By entering our campuses, you acknowledge that you assume any risks associated with your visit, including but not limited to a risk of injury or illness.
Questions, comments, or concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you soon!