Nobody does science and nature like we do. How do we know? We’ve been doing it for more than a century!
When you invest in a Museum membership, you are investing in the Museum’s mission to inspire a thirst for discovery and a passion for the natural world. Museum membership provides free admission to the Museum and Sea Center all year long. Members enjoy special exhibit previews, discounts on events, festivals, lectures, camps, and more.
Note: If you are purchasing a membership with the goal of visiting the museum immediately, please go to our ticketing site and reserve your tickets and purchase your membership at the same time. If not, you may need to wait up to 5 business days to receive your membership number which will allow you to reserve tickets online.
Click on the membership levels below to find the right fit for you.
($90 is tax-deductible)
Free admission to Museum and Sea Center for two named adults or one named adult and admission for a guest
- Free mail subscription to the Museum's SBnature Journal
- Invitation to annual Members' Party
- Advance notice and special discounts to camps, classes, lectures, events, films, and field trips for adults and children
- 10% discount in our Museum and Sea Center Stores
- Free or reduced admission privileges to more than 330 museums and science centers worldwide
- Full or partial tax deduction
- Support of a Santa Barbara treasure
($115 is tax-deductible)
All Member Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to Museum and Sea Center for children or grandchildren under 18 years of age
($140 is tax-deductible)
All Family Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to the Museum and Sea Center for one named caregiver/grandparent/guest. By choosing the guest option, the user must be accompanied by named individuals on card.
($116 is tax-deductible)
All Family Plus Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to the Museum and Sea Center for one additional guest per visit with presentation of your card (4 adults total)
- Four guest passes (can be used without your card)
- Invitations to Maximus Art Gallery opening exhibit receptions (three to four per year when gatherings are safely permitted)
- Free admission to Cocktails with a Curator events
($316 is tax-deductible)
All Naturalist Level benefits as well as:
- Two additional guest passes (6 total)
- Early registration for Nature Adventures™ camps at the Museum and Sea Center
- Invitation to an exclusive event each year
- Purchase 10 or more memberships at the Member and Family Levels, and receive $10 off each membership. Call 805-682-4711 ext. 114 for more information.
All Explorer Level benefits as well as:
- Invitations to exclusive events throughout the year, including the annual Leadership Circles Dinner, Leadership Circles Reception, and event with the President & CEO
- Customized, curator-led tour of the Museum’s collections and research departments for four to six people
- Invitation to field trips featuring unique natural history sites, regional museums and gardens
- Unlimited guests when accompanied by you
- Eight guest passes for entry into the Museum or Sea Center
- Recognition on the Museum’s electronic donor screen located at the Museum entrance and in the Leadership Circles Dinner program
- 20% discount at the Museum and Sea Center Stores in December
For information on giving at the $1,000 level or above, explore the Leadership Circles of Giving
❯ Patron's Circle ($1,000-2,499)
❯ Director’s Circle ($2,500-4,999)
❯ President's Circle ($5,000-9,999)
❯ Collector's Circle ($10,000-24,999)
❯ Chairman's Circle ($25,000 and above)
Digital Membership Cards
As part of our commitment to sustainable practices, the Museum is offer a faster and greener way to deliver membership benefits to our Members.
Members who join or renew will receive a link to download their digital membership card that provides a more efficient and convenient way to access membership information and benefits.
This environmentally-friendly approach supports the Museum's vision to connect people to nature for the betterment of both by reducing our environmental footprint. In just the first year of this program, we eliminated thousands of paper letters and envelopes and plastic cards.
Questions About Membership?
Contact our membership department at 805-682-4711 ext. 114 or email@example.com
* Benefits subject to change.
** The Museum and Sea Center are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. The Museum is also closed on the last Saturday of June for the annual Santa Barbara Wine + Food Festival.