Nobody does science and nature like we do. How do we know? We’ve been doing it for more than a century!
When you invest in a Museum membership, you are investing in the Museum’s mission to inspire a thirst for discovery and a passion for the natural world. Museum membership provides free admission to the Museum and Sea Center all year long. Members enjoy special exhibit previews, discounts on events, festivals, lectures, camps, and more.
Note: If you are purchasing a membership with the goal of visiting the museum immediately, please show your membership order confirmation and a photo ID when you arrive to use your free admission benefits. Member reservations are not required. Your digital membership card will be sent to you via email within 5 business days of your purchase.
Click on the membership levels below to find the right fit for you.
($105 is tax-deductible)
Free admission to Museum and Sea Center for two named adults or one named adult and admission for a guest. No children included.
- Free mail subscription to the Museum's SBnature Journal
- Invitations to exclusive Member events
- Special discounts to adult classes, lectures, and more
- 10% discount in our Museum and Sea Center Stores
- Free or reduced admission privileges to more than 330 museums and science centers worldwide
- Full or partial tax deduction
- Support of a Santa Barbara treasure
($155 is tax-deductible)
All Member Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to the Museum and Sea Center for up to 5 dependent children under 18 years
- Discounts to Nature Adventurers camps and classes
($195 is tax-deductible)
All Adventurer Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to the Museum and Sea Center for one additional named adult or admission for a guest. By choosing the guest option, the user must be accompanied by named individuals on card.
($166 is tax-deductible)
All Adventurer Plus Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to the Museum and Sea Center for one additional guest per visit with presentation of your card (4 adults total)
- Four guest passes (can be used without your card)
- Invitations to Maximus Art Gallery opening exhibit receptions (three to four per year when gatherings are safely permitted)
- Free admission to Cocktails with a Curator events
($366 is tax-deductible)
All Naturalist Level benefits as well as:
- Two additional guest passes (6 total)
- Early registration for Nature Adventures™ camps at the Museum and Sea Center
- Invitation to an exclusive event each year
All Explorer Level benefits as well as:
- Invitations to exclusive events throughout the year, including the annual Leadership Circles Dinner, Leadership Circles Reception, and event with the President & CEO
- Customized, curator-led tour of the Museum’s collections and research departments for four to six people
- Invitation to field trips featuring unique natural history sites, regional museums and gardens
- Unlimited guests when accompanied by you
- Eight guest passes for entry into the Museum or Sea Center
- Recognition on the Museum’s electronic donor screen located at the Museum entrance and in the Leadership Circles Dinner program
- 20% discount at the Museum and Sea Center Stores in December
For information on giving at the $1,000 level or above, explore the Leadership Circles of Giving
❯ Patron's Circle ($1,000-2,499)
❯ Director’s Circle ($2,500-4,999)
❯ President's Circle ($5,000-9,999)
❯ Collector's Circle ($10,000-24,999)
❯ Chairman's Circle ($25,000 and above)
Digital Membership Cards
As part of our commitment to sustainable practices, the Museum is offer a faster and greener way to deliver membership benefits to our Members.
Members who join or renew will receive a link to download their digital membership card that provides a more efficient and convenient way to access membership information and benefits.
This environmentally-friendly approach supports the Museum's vision to connect people to nature for the betterment of both by reducing our environmental footprint. In just the first year of this program, we eliminated thousands of paper letters and envelopes and plastic cards.
Questions About Membership?
Contact our membership department at 805-682-4711 ext. 114 or email@example.com
* Benefits subject to change.
** The Museum and Sea Center are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. The Museum is also closed on the last Saturday of June for the annual Santa Barbara Wine + Food Festival.