Nature Exchange From Home
We've moved the beloved Nature Exchange program (created by Science North) online so you can earn points even when the Museum is closed.
What is Nature Exchange?
It's an ongoing program in the Museum's Curiosity Lab where guests can share natural objects from their personal collections and/or found in nature. Guests submit knowledge about their objects and trade them for points. Points can be saved and ultimately traded in for special objects found in our dedicated trading case in the Museum's Curiosity Lab (when Museum is open).
How to Participate From Home:
- Find a natural object in nature or from your private collection that you'd like to trade for points.
- You can trade natural objects like rocks, shells, pine cones, and fossils. We also award points for leaving items in nature and sharing pictures with information.
- Research as much as you can about your object (the more you know, the more points you'll get).
- Complete and submit the online Nature Exchange Trading Form.
- Wait to hear back from one of our naturalists by email about your submission and points.
- You may submit a maximum of one object per day.
Points are awarded based on:
- Information: what you know about the natural object.
- Uniqueness: what makes your object special?
- Quality: is the object in a clean/good condition?
If you have questions or would like more information, contact email@example.com.